If you’re deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, dial 0870 240 9598
- Open the app and check the icon to see that you’re connected to the internet.
- Call 0870 240 9598 from your phone's dialler (calls to this number cost 1p a minute plus your phone company's access charge).
- Within the app, 'Join' the call when prompted and you'll see the message "NGT Please type the number you want to call GA."
- Enter the number of the person you want to call using the app's numeric keypad. At this point you're not connected to a Relay Assistant so make sure you type rather than speak.
- You'll then see "NGT Waiting for a free relay assistant" and shortly after, "Connected to Text Relay please wait."
- The Relay Assistant will then ask you the name of the person you want to call and try to connect you.
If you're using a textphone, steps are similar to above but you'll be entering information onto the textphone screen instead.
If you’re hearing and want to call someone who’s deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, dial 0870 240 5152 (calls to this number cost 1p a minute plus your phone company’s access charge).
You’ll just need the name and phone number of the person you want to speak to and the Relay Assistant will help connect you.